[Noisebridge-discuss] Iran shows intact drone, boasts of cyberattack

Joshua Carpoff joshua at carpoff.net
Thu Dec 8 23:44:10 UTC 2011

During loss of communication the RQ-170 switches to flying level and
looking for a place to land (default behavior easily changed, I'm sure).
Knowing this taking over the command channel and remotely piloting the
UAV to a manual landing would be a waste of resources when jamming can
accomplish the same thing; if their military did remotely control it
they deserve 100 Internet points for the complexity of their attack and
-1000 for doing it the hard way.