[Noisebridge-discuss] [suggested event] Occupy Wikipedia

Lukas Blakk lukasblakk at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 01:03:18 UTC 2011

Hi Noisebridge regulars!

I'm moving closer to the space and really hoping to start spending more
time there hacking on my various interests but as of right now I've only
been to Noisebridge once for a soldering 101 night.

However.

I would really like to organize an event (and possibly help it become a
regular event) where women would get together and write new wikipedia
articles (or nurture flayling ones that interest them).  This is in
response to the stats on the lack of women contributing to Wikipedia.

I'm not a member (yet) of Noisebridge so I'm writing to this list as per
the wiki suggests to see if there is a member (or members) who would be
interested in helping me coordinate the space for the event?  I don't need
help being an event organizer, I've got tons of experience there, but I
want to make sure I do this right and don't step on anyone's toes or upset
the regulars at the space.

All tips appreciated.  I was thinking of doing it in a couple weeks if that
sounded feasible to folks.

Cheers,
Lukas