[Noisebridge-discuss] [hackerspaces] lunar calendar recommendations?

Frantisek Apfelbeck algoldor at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 26 10:32:11 UTC 2011

There are several general rules concerning moon phases and activities I doubt that they are scientifically proven which however may not mean that they do not work. One of the prevailing is not to start any major projects during the descending moon = after full moon to new moon, there may be exceptions for some activities but they would be rather specific. I've came across references which are quite clear about not cutting wood for lumber between full moon and new moon (I'm quite sure that it was in this phase, but it's years ago) reason was that the wood doesn't last as long as if it is cut when the moon is growing. I think there was a research done on this but again I'm not sure.

That is as much as I know from the top of the head concerning the general agenda. Now when I think about that, there should be higher number of suicides on full moon I think, correct?

I guess that if you would like to know more, astrology would be the old timer to check out. There will be lots of things which can be questionable but it is the best what we have compared to the science which is not covering the topic of influences of cosmos on life on earth very well yet. I think that you can find a lots of good advice there, the problem is that the interpretation is not always clear and also the "causes" are questionable. The old ones realized lots of things and tried to put together system which would help the to interpret, that is as I see it.

Frantisek Algoldor Apfelbeck

biotechnologist&kvasir and hacker

http://www.frantisekapfelbeck.org

"There is no way to peace, peace is the way." Ghandi