[Noisebridge-discuss] [hackerspaces] lunar calendar recommendations?

Gopiballava Flaherty gopiballava at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 01:08:12 UTC 2011

On Dec 27, 2011, at 16:38, Frantisek Apfelbeck <algoldor at yahoo.com> wrote:

> However there are fields where the current scientific knowledge and technology behind it is just not sufficient to explain given phenomenas.

This is something I have heard asserted in the past. I rarely hear examples of the phenomena. What specifically do you have in mind?

> Concerning astrology, it take years or rather decades of studying given field and several fields which are adjacent to get a deep understanding of the subject and still you will not get 100% accuracy, too many unknowns are in the game.

So: when the test fails, it's because the astrologer wasn't good enough.

> However astrology as this can help a lot in many tasks because in other words it is interpreting effect of universe on the earth.

Can you give me an example of a task that is helped, and how it was determined that astrology was helping?

> That effect is there, the emissions of various wavelength are hitting us every day and it has effect on us,

So, you believe that the effect is caused by electromagnetic waves, as opposed to gravity, neutrinos, or some other as of yet unknown particles. What wavelengths do you think are causing this?

Can you give me examples of lab experiments showing biological effects at signal strengths comparable to that caused by planets?

> that is quite clear based on scientific research already I'm sure that you can find articles on the subject quite fast.

I have failed to find any research that indicates that EM waves of the strength received from distant planets have any physiological effect on humans. Can you point me to this?

> To find really good astrologist is very hard, if you find one, keep it close it is precious.

How does one determine if an astrologer is good or not?