[Noisebridge-discuss] The Hideous Remains of Christmas Dinner, and cigarette butts in the oranges

Joshua Juran jjuran at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 23:43:13 UTC 2011

On Dec 29, 2011, at 12:51 PM, Liz Henry wrote:

> The guys at Mi Ranchito asked that we please not smoke on the fire
> escape.

Actually, it's illegal to be on the fire escape at all -- that is,
unless making one's escape from a fire.  It's definitely not a means
for *fire* to escape.

> The ash and cigarette butts fall onto their oranges, their
> customers,  and onto the sidewalk and they have to wash the sidewalk
> down every morning.

That's the awesome thing about gravity -- it works even when you're
not actively thinking about it.

Cigarette residue, on the other hand, vanishes as soon as you forget
about it.  Or the cigarette butt fairies come and collect it.  Either
way.

So it's only a problem as long as people keep obsessing over it and
refuse to believe in the cigarette butt fairies.  (You have to
believe in them, or they in turn pretend *you* don't exist).  Don't
litter -- clap your hands now!

Josh