[Noisebridge-discuss] dues payment, wells fargo transfer to paypal?

Seth David Schoen schoen at loyalty.org
Wed Feb 23 10:26:14 UTC 2011

Mitch Altman writes:

> Hi Frantisek,
>
> It is easy to transfer funds from you Wells Fargo account to your PayPal account, assuming that your Wells Fargo account is the one you already have associated with your PayPal account.  You do the transfer from PayPal.  (I doubt that someone from Wells Fargo will know how, since it really does not involve them.)

If you particularly want to pay Noisebridge dues, you can also avoid
PayPal fees by transferring directly from Wells Fargo to Noisebridge's
account.  This can be done in one step and nobody pays any fees at all.
It only works with Wells Fargo accounts.

You do this in Wells Fargo On-line with Transfers / To Another Customer
/ To / Add New.  The recipient's name, for historical reasons, is "Mitch
Altman", and you can get the account number by asking
<treasurer at noisebridge.net>.  After the first time that you send money
to Noisebridge this way, you won't have to re-enter the account
information when you do it in the future.

However, if you've never done this before, Wells Fargo might ask you to
set up two-factor authentication (via mobile phone or with a two-factor
authentication token, which they would mail you).

--
Seth David Schoen <schoen at loyalty.org> | Qué empresa fácil no pensar en
     http://www.loyalty.org/~schoen/   | un tigre, reflexioné.