[Noisebridge-discuss] win scratch-off lotteries: an easier, more reliable way

Patrick Keys citizenkeys at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 08:11:57 UTC 2011

An easier way to win scratch-off lottery tickets is to just get big
boxes of them from around the dumpsters at convenience stores.
The poor people buy most of those tickets, but they're so used to losing
that they ridiculously buy them, scratch off part of the ticket, assume
they lost, and throw them away.
If you get big boxes of them from by the dumpsters at convenience
stores, you can take them home and finish scratching them off.
I personally had a friend that did this and consistently made several
thousand dollars a month just by taking the time to sit and scratch off
the thrown-away tickets.
People routinely throw away tickets that win $500 or more.

Yes, dumpster-diving is dirty business.
Yes, there are better ways to make money.

But since we were on the topic, I thought I'd share this better way to
win scratch-offs than working pi or the da vinci code.

Patrick