[Noisebridge-discuss] Broken Macbook Pro 15" and printer - want 'em?

Sai sai at saizai.com
Sat Feb 5 20:19:54 UTC 2011

1. I have a MBP that is experiencing some problems that have been
beyond my power to fix. However, most of it works, and one of y'all
should be able to either fix it, scrounge it for parts, or turn it
into a robot.

For full problem details:
http://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/43201/Erratic+power+short+when+KB-case+touched

I will wipe the HD first of course, so you'd have to install whatever
OS you like on it. It's a pretty good machine other than the weird
short.

2. I also have a Canon Pixma MP470. It has one problem: the driver
cable came off. Basically I haven't bothered to fix it 'cause it's a
bit of a pain, and since I've ordered a replacement laptop that came
with a free printer, I no longer need to. Someone with either more
nimble hands or a willingness to open up its front casing should be
able to fix it easily. It is otherwise 100% functional and a pretty
decent scanner/printer.

I'd be happy to donate either or both to NB or PS1, with preference to
PS1 simply because that'd be cheaper to ship (or for that matter one
of y'all could pick 'em up from me in Hyde Park).

Takers?

- Sai