[Noisebridge-discuss] Suggestions on scooter seat cover?

Tymm Twillman tymmothy at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 01:02:17 UTC 2011

I found today that my scooter's been hit by someone who's been un-excellently carving "DVLIES" into scooter seats around the mission... i'm looking for good thoughts on how best to patch up the seat.

i'm mainly worried about water getting into the seat & it getting moldy, but also hoping to do something at least reasonably stylish.  I'd like to make it at least minimally stylish without too much work (figure I have to accept that this stuff is just going to happen to a scooter kept in the mission).

is duct tape sealing, then covering with fabric a reasonable approach?  any suggestions on the fine points of making a seat cover that doesn't look like a last-minute burningman project?  (definitely not dissing last-minute burningman projects, but you know what i mean)

-Tymm