[Noisebridge-discuss] robots WILL kill you.

lilia liliakai at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 00:26:13 UTC 2011

Noise-bot aka MC Hawking the wheelchair robot has received some exciting new
upgrades:

A Kinect for a head.
A flat panel display for a face.
A standard wall plug for a...um...well...appendage.
A custom height socket fixture for a girlfriend.
The Opencv library for a visual cortex.

I have a python script that reads data from the kinect, detects faces and
turns the robot to face them. I will be working on autonomous wandering and
following humans during tonight's Circuit Hacking Monday so feel free to
stop by and check out the bot's new duds. It may also Be-The-Hack just
before tomorrow night's meeting.

-lilia