[Noisebridge-discuss] door button failing

Jake jake at spaz.org
Mon Feb 21 13:02:53 UTC 2011

tonight (sunday) i rang the doorbell repeatedly and got no response.

I spent a long time trying to get in through my phone, and eventually
someone came down the stairs and saw me and let me in on their way out.
We tested it at that time and it seemed to work (cause a beep upstairs)

there were a bunch of people upstairs and they said they hadn't heard it
when i pressed it.  I pressed it good at least three or four times, a
minute or two apart each time.  I think the button is going bad.  The word
around the space was that it was messing up all day, so i'm not the only
one.

short version: THE BUTTON OUTSIDE IS FAILING AND NEEDS TO BE REPLACED OR
REPAIRED.

i know it's tempting to want to put a big shiny light-up button out there
to replace it but please, let's not do that, we don't want every Salvador
Dali-Lamer to come pressing our mega-cool arduino-powered button all the
time and discovering the magical free world of noisebridge do we?

So lets just fix the button somehow.

also, I tried hacking in and discovered that some of the methods listed on
the wiki page don't work - like the IP address where you log in as
user/live just isn't there (supposed to be at 172.30.0.31)

-jake