[Noisebridge-discuss] Just a warning to Noisebridgers about recent events in the Mission Fwd: One dead, one hurt in Mission District attacks

Robert Chu robertayoungchu at gmail.com
Sun Feb 27 21:38:24 UTC 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Vander Waerdt Paul A. <paulvwparker at me.com>
Date: Sun, Feb 27, 2011 at 12:51 PM
Subject: One dead, one hurt in Mission District attacks
To: Vander Waerdt Paul <paulvwparker at me.com>

Greetings, Friends:

Please be careful.  In addition to the attacks reported below, there was a
murder at 16th & Mission several weeks ago.  I have been sharing my hospital
room at SFGH with Ernesto, a 20-year old Mexican who, with his older
brother, was jumped and stabbed (nine stab wounds) by three guys from
Honduras at 22nd & Mission.  Some of the violence is gang-related but some,
like the attack on Ernesto, starts out as robbery and escalates to attempted
murder very fast.

I hope it is not generally known on the street that people entering and
exiting 2169 Mission are often carrying expensive electronic equipment.

I wonder whether we should be considering a buddy system after dark
(escorting people to and from MUNI/BART/private cars)?  Also posting at NB
the numbers of people who live nearby willing to be called to NB if there is
an incident?

Just a thought.
Paul

 Article:One dead, one hurt in Mission District
attacks:/c/a/2011/02/26/BAQA1HVEAA.DTL
Article:One dead, one hurt in Mission District
attacks:/c/a/2011/02/26/BAQA1HVEAA.DTL
  advertisement | your ad here <http://www.sfgate.com/mediakit/>
  [image: SFGate] <http://www.sfgate.com/> Back to
Article<http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/02/27/BAQA1HVEAA.DTL>
[image: SFGate]
One dead, one hurt in Mission District attacks

Bob Egelko, Chronicle Staff Writer <begelko at sfchronicle.com>

Sunday, February 27, 2011

*(02-26) 12:29 PST San Francisco* -- A man was stabbed and seriously wounded
while walking home in San Francisco's Mission District early today, and
another man was shot to death on a nearby street corner a half hour later,
police said.

Officers had no evidence that the two attacks were related, said Sgt. Mike
Andraychak, a police spokesman. He said the police Gang Task Force was
investigating both incidents.

The stabbing was reported about 1:50 a.m. near 16th and Mission streets. The
victim, a 28-year-old San Francisco man, had just left a bar and was walking
home when four men in their early 20s confronted him, then stabbed him
repeatedly and ran off, Andraychak said.

He said the victim told police in the hospital that the attackers were gang
members who apparently mistook him for a member of a rival gang.

About 2:20 a.m., a 24-year-old man was shot near the corner of 17th and
Mission, Andraychak said. He was pronounced dead in the hospital at 4 a.m.

Witnesses saw a black SUV-type vehicle leaving the scene after the shooting,
Andraychak said. He said police had no information about the reasons for the
shooting and have made no arrests in either case.

E-mail Bob Egelko at begelko at sfchronicle.com

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/02/27/BAQA1HVEAA.DTL
 © 2011 Hearst Communications
Inc.<http://www.sfgate.com/chronicle/info/copyright/>| Privacy
Policy <http://www.sfgate.com/pages/privacy/> |
Feedback<http://www.sfgate.com/feedback/>| RSS
Feeds <http://www.sfgate.com/rss/> |
FAQ<http://www.sfgate.com/chronicle/faq.shtml>| Site
Index <http://www.sfgate.com/index/> | Contact<http://www.sfgate.com/staff/>

Paul A. Vander Waerdt
Telephone: 415-448-7121
Mobile Direct: 415-290-7926
Email: strategicsolutions at me.com
             paulvw06 at gmail.com
Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/paulavanderwaerdt
Short Quals: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/res/2200303658.html
Facebook: facebook.com/paulavanderwaerdt
iDisk Public: https://public.me.com/paulvwparker