[Noisebridge-discuss] personal computers at Noisebridge (was Re: Missing Green Bike /w Red Grips.)

rachel lyra hospodar rachelyra at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 15:32:32 UTC 2011

FWIW I was trained as a 'conflict mediator' ages and ages ago, and I would
be happy to sit down with dissenting parties to work on problem-solving.

I am not interested in discussing how noisebridgey isky is or if he's
excellent enough. I don't presume to judge his relative worth. I also am not
going to demand that a student surrender ownership of a machine he already
shares to a community of people who already have access to it.

There are so many computers laying around at NB it boggles my mind that one
more could be considered over the line. It would be cool if the monitor and
keyboard were commonly usable; I would totally plug my netbook into them
every once in a while. Maybe there's a better place to keep the whole setup
than in the classroom?  There is a game computer on the west wall, maybe
this could be turned into a general station and then when isky or someone
wants to use his machine they can fire it up. This would free up that
classroom for the crowds of students clamoring for separated learning space,
and give us a way to lovingly throw spitballs at isky when he plays video
games instead of hacking the planet.

mediumreality.com