[Noisebridge-discuss] personal computers at Noisebridge (was Re: Missing Green Bike /w Red Grips.)

Albert Sweigart asweigart at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 06:04:50 UTC 2011

I don't think it's my role to harass people who aren't working on
projects. But Isky isn't taking a break or just thinking. It's not
that he's not working on a project, it's that after several months
he's never working on projects, and when people (politely or
assertively) talk to him about it, he blows them off.

New people come to the space all the time. Sometimes they bring new
ideas and new projects to work on, other times the get into existing
things. Other people visit every now and then to hang out, and after a
while find it's not for them and they leave. Noisebridge is social,
but its focus is to provide a workshop and a creative space, not a
social club or someone's basement hangout.

As for a LOT of people at Noisebridge not working on projects, that is
not what I see at all. Someone not working on a project or learning
something is the exception. But with Isky, it's the rule.

-Al