[Noisebridge-discuss] You and your pretty little Consensus Process too.

Moxie Marlinspike moxie at thoughtcrime.org
Sun Feb 6 22:53:19 UTC 2011

Hey Molly, you might find Crimethinc's "Beyond Democracy" to be helpful
background information:

http://www.crimethinc.com/texts/atoz/beyonddemocracy.php

There are a number of references to larger-scale instances of autonomous
movements, topless federations, and consensus organizations in that
essay, which you could do some follow-up research on.  The Zapatistas,
Mondragon Collectives, and Spanish Anarchists might be good starting
points.  Or even just show up at a NoBAWC meeting in the Bay Area to
talk with folks about how their workplaces differ.

In the end, though, you're probably correct if you're suggesting that
authoritarian decision making processes are faster.

- moxie

--
http://www.thoughtcrime.org