[Noisebridge-discuss] robots WILL kill you.

Jake jake at spaz.org
Wed Feb 9 21:54:02 UTC 2011

the standard wall plug "appendage" which sticks forward under its seat now
has a p0rn cam (with its own LED lighting) so it can "see" the electrical
outlet as it approaches.  very hot.

that much more reason why it needs a big pleated skirt around its lower
half, so as not to be crude.

-jake

lilia wrote:

  Noise-bot aka MC Hawking the wheelchair robot has received some exciting
new upgrades:

A Kinect for a head.
A flat panel display for a face.
A standard wall plug for a...um...well...appendage.
A custom height socket fixture for a girlfriend.
The Opencv library for a visual cortex.

I have a python script that reads data from the kinect, detects faces and
turns the robot to face them. I will be working on autonomous wandering
and following humans during tonight's Circuit Hacking Monday so feel free
to stop by and check out the bot's new duds. It may also Be-The-Hack just
before tomorrow night's meeting.

-lilia