[Noisebridge-discuss] my Rube Goldberg machine

Jake jake at spaz.org
Thu Feb 10 22:49:20 UTC 2011

I support your creativity but I'm bothered by all the paper towel products
are being wasted for this.  They are made from trees you know, and then
they have to be bleached with dioxin (one of the most toxic substances
known) before being packaged and shipped around the world.

I'm glad you had a good time but I wish you would be more mindful of the
planet and our effect on our environment in general before using resources
that way.  That's why I don't go to burning man.

Sorry i'm so grumpy but i have a point.

-jake

Eric Boyd mrericboyd at gmail.com said:

Some of you may have heard about me doing this, just wanted to send along
the link now that it's all done:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpcivpFoSGg

I had such a huge blast making this, and I highly recommend doing a Rube
Goldberg machine as an *awesome* maker project.  It's like super
concentrated making, constantly coming up with crazy ideas and seeing if
you can make them work, and tweaking stuff endlessly.  It took us two long
days (plus all the prep before hand buying up stuff), but all of us agree
that it was like two of the most enjoyable days of our lives!

Eric
p.s. I miss noisebridge, glad to see you managed to overcome your
financial difficulties!