[Noisebridge-discuss] Which can I trust more: TrueCrypt or OSX FileVault?

Sai sai at saizai.com
Sat Feb 12 08:18:39 UTC 2011

As context for my own needs (not meant as a restriction of the
discussion), I've just acquired a Macbook Air to replace my dead MBP
and the old Win7 I've been using in the interim.

I will be using it in various contexts (e.g. at hacker conferences,
crossing US borders, for business with high security needs, etc),
entailing multiple possible threats. I'd like to ensure it's fairly
well locked down just in case. I am not aware of any specific threats
against me per se; I'd just like to be cautious.

- Sai