[Noisebridge-discuss] San Francisco Free School would like to Collaborate/Join Noise Bridge- host classes

Mike Schachter mike at mindmech.com
Mon Feb 14 08:49:01 UTC 2011

Hi Jonah,

The machine learning group at Noisebridge has been
giving free classes in topics like generalized linear models,
support vector machines, neural nets, regularized linear
regression, and a bunch of other awesome shit that people
fucking love and can't live without:

https://www.noisebridge.net/index.php?title=Machine_Learning

We'll be continuing to do so and in all likelihood people
would be psyched about integrating with your free education
mantra, but from the calendar I'm having a hard time
understanding what the organization is all about - is
there another website or something that has more info?
Apologies in advance for the depth of my ignorance, I
think it's a great idea and want to help!

There was/is also a group that has met up and self-taught
themselves probability theory, and lots of math-inclined
types who are probably willing to teach stuff, as well as
Ruby, Python, and perhaps other programming language
classes that actively meet up too, all great candidates for
more exposure through the calendar and whatnot.

  mike