[Noisebridge-discuss] lockers for noisebridge - big enough? funding?

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Thu Feb 17 09:55:40 UTC 2011

Patrick Keys wrote, On 20110216 231514:
> The lockers would be opaque.  I think everybody at Noisebridge values
> their right of anonymity.  Not worrying about other people seeing what's
> on your personal shelf or messing with it seems like a benefit.

This is wrong on so many levels.

Noisebridge is all over transparency. Our wiki is open for all to use
and read, so is our mailing list. Other then the shitters, I feel we
strive for no private spaces in the space.

In all honesty, Noisebridge is not a storage facility and Noisebridge
cannot and will not guaranty the security of items left in the space.
This was a main discussion item at one of our first meetings at 83c.
Member shelving is a place members can play things working in the space.
It isn't a secure place for you to leave things of which you expect to
still be there when you come back.

If you're worried about making more space for people to keep crap at
Noisebridge, wouldn't shelves be cheaper then lockers?

--
Rubin Abdi
rubin at starset.net