[Noisebridge-discuss] lockers for noisebridge - big enough? funding?

Patrick Keys citizenkeys at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 10:07:19 UTC 2011

Okay, to clear a few things up:
* Our current shelves are full, with people (including myself) now using
the floor as a "shelf"
* Many people are using up too much shelving space
* We have no more room for more shelves
* donating for the lockers is voluntary by individuals - the lockers add
value to noisebridge and don't cost anything out of our bank account
* the lockers have the big air holes, so even then you get a choice of
having people look in your locker or not - just cover up the air holes
from the inside.
* The lockers are the same height (12") and depth (also 12") as our
shelves.  The shelves are just one long space, with many people taking
up an entire shelf whether they need it or not.

MOST IMPORTANT:
If we get lockers, we'll still have the shelves!  Which means people can
continue to use the shelves by choice!  Also, if we don't need as many
shelves, then we can repurpose some shelves for other uses, like more
hackshelves, in the machine shop, or in the electronics lab.

And hey, Rubin, as for privacy in the shitters, i heard a rumor...

Patrick