[Noisebridge-discuss] lockers for noisebridge - big enough? funding? [drama]

Snail snailtsunami at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 11:22:50 UTC 2011

O.K., just to point out -- I still don't like the idea of lockers being used
traditionally (as plain, ol' boring storage lockers with regular locks)
because the reason I liked nb when I first saw it was that it was full of
GEEKS and had open access with no restrictions, even to new folks, and
people are more or less respectful (and sometimes PS2s and projectors
disappear, but whatryagonnado) and everything is communal whether you like
it or not, with respect that you just don't flat-out strive to break shit
and write all over the walls or else people will ask you to leave (and then
all you have to do is climb the fire escape to get in) and sometimes you
gotta chase sleepers off your porch with a broom and put weights on the
garbage can lids so they don't go through your trash -- oh wait, I'm talking
about raccoons now.

*That being said, I've decided I'm actually 100% for people using lockers at
nb if we can stuff people into their own lockers oldschool-style.*

If the lockers have airholes, all the better! Just like a jar with holes on
the lid for fireflies.

--
-Snailssnailssnailssnailssnailssnailssnails