[Noisebridge-discuss] okay, so no lockers. just forget it.

Moxie Marlinspike moxie at thoughtcrime.org
Thu Feb 17 14:38:25 UTC 2011

On 02/17/2011 05:19 AM, Patrick Keys wrote:
> Here's my tally based on comments on the thread:
> unopposed to lockers (6): jim, rachel m., john e, L E, sean, patrick
> opposed to lockers (6): rubin, jake, claudia, leif, snail, meredith

Hey Patrick, I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to suggest here,
but I think you might be missing a key concept if you think that this
kind of quantification is at all significant.  Not to mention that it
certainly has a tone of the lines being drawn.  Consensus is not the
same as unanimous voting, and if you only conceptualize people in
categories like "for" or "against," I think you're going to have trouble
making group decisions.

If this is an attempt to describe the present situation for future
reflection, I think it would serve you much more effectively to
enumerate the various concerns that people contributed to this
discussion, so that in the future someone can come up with a solution
that meets everyone's needs.

This is not to mention that some number of people likely did not
contribute to this thread (myself included), because they saw their
concerns/interests adequately covered by comments others had already
made, and decided not to repeat them merely for the purpose of seeing
ourselves type.

- moxie

--
http://www.thoughtcrime.org