[Noisebridge-discuss] okay, so no lockers. just forget it.

Jared Dunne jareddunne at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 18:51:16 UTC 2011

Patrick-

You missed me on the support list.  I support the plan as is without
modification.  That said, I think Moxie's suggestion on how to
perceive and channel the dissenting feedback/concerns is on point.

Given the popular history of do-acracy at Noisebridge and the
parameters of this plan, it sounds like it's a candidate for
autonomous action.  Personally, that's not how I'd proceed given the
level of dissent around your plan, since it would be a huge waste of
your time and money if you acquired and installed the lockers
docractically, then someone docractically kicked them to the curb the
next day.

Personally, I think it's cool that you've sought out people's opinions
on list, but I don't think you necessarily should try to reach
consensus on this list.  If you want to reach consensus on this item,
the Tuesday meeting seems the better forum.  If people on this list
feel strongly enough about the topic they can drag their butts into
the main hall on Tuesday to participate in the formal Consensus
process.  Of course it's up to you if you want to kill the proposal
prior to doing so.

Jared-