[Noisebridge-discuss] Gamedev skillshare?

singuclarity have.fun.chosen.one at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 02:24:10 UTC 2011

I'm currently trying to set it up, but also trying to get my own gaming
project off the ground, and trying not to fail out of college as well
(that's on the backburner). The set-up i'm planning is to have the
skill-share every two weeks alternately at Ace and Noisebridge (so
monthly at each space) for perhaps three hours on Sunday.

I agree that having Zynga give a presentation or two would be pretty
sweet. Generally i'm just trying to promote more intersectionality
between gamers and gamedevs in san francisco. It would also be cool if
the skill-share turned out to be legitimately fun, instead of being some
sort of boardroom meeting or even worse, corporate infosession.

Another goal of mine is to promote indie games, and to show people that
being an indie gamedev is now an accessible idea, with some pretty
hi-tech and modern tools out there for even the less technically inclined.

However, the idea probably won't take off too soon. It'll probably take
a month or so at least, because I want to visit and meet with the AMT
people and check out their space. Also, I have a summer job lined up but
its in Texas, so there's the lingering question of what would happen to
the skill-share while i'm gone.

- Singuclarity

p.s. if people think its safe, i'll put out my number so people can
contact me directly.