[Noisebridge-discuss] Low cost, low resolution, large LCD displays?

Taylor Alexander tlalexander at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 20:49:22 UTC 2011

Yeah I've never heard of such large monochrome displays.

For $97 though you can get a decent brand new 18.5" color monitor.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009262

<http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009262>That has a
VESA mount, so you can get something like this to mount it for $15.
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=108&cp_id=10828&cs_id=1082806&p_id=6514&seq=1&format=2
<http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=108&cp_id=10828&cs_id=1082806&p_id=6514&seq=1&format=2>(a
most excellent mount. I am using one for my 25.5" monitor and its great.
Surprisingly well built)

or this $3 mount (which I've never used, but seems fine)
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=108&cp_id=10828&cs_id=1082807&p_id=6520&seq=1&format=2

plus you can get your long VGA cables at monoprice.

So you can have an 18.5" color display for ~$100.
-Taylor