[Noisebridge-discuss] noisebridge vs. techshop

Steve Clement steve at localhost.lu
Sat Feb 19 01:48:37 UTC 2011

On 2/18/11 5:35 PM, Patrick Keys wrote:
> Since our only potential competitor for doing projects is TechShop, I've
> done up a comparison page of Noisebridge vs. TechShop:
> https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Compare_TechShop

Hmmm, sorry, first off, hi all.
I'm Steve, co-founder of www.hackerspace.lu currently in SunnyVale, CA
which is why I lurk on your list.

I react to this because if in Luxembourg someone would open a potential
"competing" Space next doors we would rather try to gather synergies.

I have no doubt that eventually the compare page might transfer into a
Synergy page, nevertheless I am astonished.

> If you see something on that list that we don't have at Noisebridge,
> please donate it to Noisebridge.  Then that's one less reason to go to
> TechShop.

Are they that much to avoid?

> Likewise, somebody please reply to this message with a list of
> everything on the page that we have at Noisebridge.  I only checked off
> the stuff that I was sure of that we have (which isn't much).

Wow, your effort you put into this really scares me to go to TechShop
now, without getting too close to any one but are they run by Scientology?

I saw Mitchs' reply just now... So I am relieved ;)

Anyway hack on and let's pull those strings together to move together
into ONE Hacky Future!

- --
Steve Clement
https://www.twitter.com/SteveClement