[Noisebridge-discuss] noisebridge vs. techshop

Sean Cusack sean.p.cusack at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 01:57:02 UTC 2011

I, like Mitch and Rachel, am a member of both, and there is a very good
reason for it. I would sum it up by saying that Noisebridge is a great place
for hardware and software work whereas Techshop is a great place to use some
serious machines to build physical objects.

Also, its completely impractical to donate what Techshop has that
Noisebridge doesn't. We simply don't have the infrastructure for welders, or
plasma cutters, or lathes, or mills, or water jet cutters, or (need I go
on?).

Its definitely a complimentary space. If you've got a project that needs
something that Noisebridge doesn't have, Techshop probably does have it. Any
Noisebridger is welcome to tag long with me (and I'll help you use any of
the equipment you may need) for a few days to do some projects. They'll let
non-members into the space to work for $25/day.

Hope that helps!
Sean