[Noisebridge-discuss] Low cost, low resolution, large LCD displays?

Jake jake at spaz.org
Sat Feb 19 03:58:39 UTC 2011

actually projectors can beam onto the back of a screen, or even scuffed
plexiglass or ground plate glass, and then people can walk in front of it
just fine.  Also, projectors commonly run HID bulbs which require a
start-up sequence, but can also use a halogen bulb, which can be turned on
and off at will.  Depending on how large an image you want, and whether
you have the space for a rear-projection, and how bright the image needs
to be, this could certainly be done.

and it would look like the star trek (original series) display screens.

-jake

rubin at starset.net wrote:

Projectors require the space between it and the display surface to be
unobstructed, thusly creating an 3d area for it to exist, which I don't
want. I'd like to put this sort of setup in smaller spaces where you
might pass by it, like a hallway or stairwell, or some such.

Additionally projectors have more upkeep then a crap LCD, cannot stay on
for long periods of time, for the most part require a fan to operate,
and cannot instantaneously turn on/off.

--
Rubin Abdi
rubin at starset.net