[Noisebridge-discuss] Arduino Buying Tips?

Gian Pablo Villamil gian.pablo at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 15:18:27 UTC 2011

To start with, I would probably go with the Uno or the Duemilanove, as
you say. They have female headers installed, and also lots of shields
available, so you can get up and running very quickly.

The Uno has the huge advantage that the USB chip on it can emulate
other USB devices, such as keyboards, mice or MIDI. Opens up cool
possibilities.

However, as Mitch points out, once you actually start embedding them
in projects, systems like the Boarduino or Nano or Mini make more
sense.

I personally do a lot of testing and development using a "regular"
Arduino or a Nano, and then move stuff onto Arduino Pro Minis for
embedding in projects. I've standardized on the latter for embedded
stuff, it seems to hit the right balance of size, price and
flexibility.