[Noisebridge-discuss] Arduino Buying Tips?

Corey McGuire coreyfro at coreyfro.com
Mon Feb 21 18:32:37 UTC 2011

Just to beat a dead horse, I love the Funnel IO.  It's a bread board
compatible Arduino with the added feature of a built-in LiPo battery
charger, which helps you solve the powersource problem.  It also has a
socket for an XBEE if wireless connectivity is your thing, or it has direct
pinout compatibility with the usual FTDI adapter.  It has a USB Mini socket
BUT ONLY FOR A CHARGING SOURCE!  You still need an FTDI or XBEE to program
it.  Headers can be soldered to either the top or the bottom and the area
with all the components can be dangled off the end of the breadboard so
regardless of which side you put the headers on, you still have access to
everything.

> http://www.robotshop.com/sfe-lipo-cell-3-7v-1100mah-3.html
> http://www.robotshop.com/sfe-lilypad-usb-link-mini-b-1.html
> http://www.robotshop.com/sfe-arduino-fio-2.html

And for wireless awesomeness

http://www.robotshop.com/sfe-maxstream-xbee-transceiver-wire-antennae-4.html
> http://www.robotshop.com/droids-sas-xbee-usb-board-3.html

Here's an older version of the funnel as (un)used (never got the I2C on this
project working )-:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/82885810@N00/3246181516/