[Noisebridge-discuss] common courtesy: logging into wiki / not editing user pages

Crutcher Dunnavant crutcher at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 23:42:07 UTC 2011

Just because this is soooo much fun.

Noisebridge is an anarchist collective. There is no such "everyone is
welcome" policy, because there are no policies. There are some members who
believe that everyone should be welcome, and some members who say that
everyone is welcome. But that doesn't make it policy.

Quoting Mitch won't make people agree with you. Members are, in fact, free
to ostracize, cajole, intimidate, harangue, harass, wheedle, and generally
annoy you until they get their way. We call this "consensus building".

In fact, every single time I hear some variant of "you aren't being
excellent to me", I am gladdened that yet another n3wb has self identified.

Crutcher Dunnavant <crutcher at gmail.com>