[Noisebridge-discuss] common courtesy: logging into wiki / not editing user pages

Jason Dusek jason.dusek at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 19:05:52 UTC 2011

On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 02:45, Patrick Keys <citizenkeys at gmail.com> wrote:
> Please... I encourage you for the sake of Noisebridge (and the
> women) not to create drama.

  It seems like a small thing, Patrick; but in this passage your
  way of referring to NB's womenfolk is less than inclusive.
  Discrimination is generally a lot of small things, though; I
  urge you to consider your diction in the future. This is not
  the first passage where I have had to pause and consider
  whether or not what you say is really harmless.

> But if you really want to make an issue of my so-called
> "unsolicited sexual advances", then at least I can take
> comfort in a healthy sex life and healthy attraction to women.
> I'm leaving this topic at that so as not to gossip. Just leave
> it at that.

  We can't leave it at that. Unsolicited advances are not a
  basis for anyone taking comfort in anything. You need to get
  this squared away.

  Some other Noisebridgers have called my attention to your
  recent emails. It is has been awhile since I have read
  anything but the subject lines on this list. It is really too
  bad about some of the things you have posted. The "get your
  heart on" email is LULzy in its way; but we'd have been better
  off without it. Your handling of a jobs posting from a while
  back also leaves much to be desired.

--
Jason Dusek
Linux User #510144 | http://counter.li.org/