[Noisebridge-discuss] New donations/e-waste

miloh froggytoad at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 02:32:41 UTC 2011

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 6:07 PM, Will Sargent <will.sargent at gmail.com> wrote:
> That's the idea, yes.  I can't commit to it long term, but I think that
> after the initial rush it should settle down and we can do bi-weekly or
> monthly runs instead of weekly.
> Will.
>
> On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 6:03 PM, Rachel McConnell <rachel at xtreme.com> wrote:
>>
>> Will, are you volunteering to make a dump/recycling run weekly?  Or get
>> a service to do so?  That would be SO AWESOME.  I can totally commit to
>> labelling some ... items ... and placing them in the elevator room.

Hey Will,

There's lots of debris that needs to go to the Tunnel road transfer
station.  I have been counting on the **Uhaul** to completely clean
the debris from the painted wall, filter out a greasy couch, and clear
out the accumulated stuff in the elevator room (keep the door -- a
doorframe at Noisebridge was sized for it).  Right Corey? :-)

There's still need for other trips with a truck though!

For instance, could you to cross the bay to Ace Monster Toys with 2 of
the pro laserjets (one for use, one for parts or not)?  I mentioned
this to some members and folks on their irc channel, so they are aware
of it and interested.

I'll work on cross-hackerspace trips to take anything else that could
be shared between hackerspaces, provided you are down.

For instance:  we could divide up the massive tape player stack into 3
batches between HD, AMT, and Noisebridge and collaborate to publish
'1001 uses for proliferated lo-tech stockpiles'.

-rma