[Noisebridge-discuss] Laser Cutter Here

Corey McGuire coreyfro at coreyfro.com
Wed Feb 23 03:16:49 UTC 2011

Inkscape will work.  Vector (cutting) operations on some machines are
represented by 0.01" lines, everything else will be treated as raster
operations.  This, is common and it would stand to reason that this machine
will opperate the same way, but I don't know.

The reason Corel Draw is recommended is because it has a "hair line" (or
some such) description of 0.01" lines (vector/cutting) which makes the
operation a bit more intuitive.  In Inkscape, if one scales an object after
assigning a value to the line width, it may scale the line width as well.