[Noisebridge-discuss] Laser Cutter Here

meredith scheff satiredun at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 04:33:59 UTC 2011

I'd love it to use Illustrator. It's design standard and imports may other
types of files well. I could install it on whatever computer.

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 7:16 PM, Corey McGuire <coreyfro at coreyfro.com>wrote:

> Inkscape will work.  Vector (cutting) operations on some machines are
> represented by 0.01" lines, everything else will be treated as raster
> operations.  This, is common and it would stand to reason that this machine
> will opperate the same way, but I don't know.
>
> The reason Corel Draw is recommended is because it has a "hair line" (or
> some such) description of 0.01" lines (vector/cutting) which makes the
> operation a bit more intuitive.  In Inkscape, if one scales an object after
> assigning a value to the line width, it may scale the line width as well.
>

> On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 6:03 PM, rachel lyra hospodar <rachelyra at gmail.com
> > wrote:
>
>> Super awesome! Any thoughts on software? My understanding is that corel
>> draw is something of a standard, weird I know but I guess its printer
>> handling dovetails well with the lasers. I'd throw down another $5 for
>> purchasing a license if there aren't better options. Also I have fans we can
>> use for exhaust! Someone bug me mercilessly till I find them & bring them
>> in.
>>
>> mediumreality.com
>> On Feb 22, 2011 5:44 PM, "Shannon Lee" <shannon at scatter.com> wrote:
>> > That'd be awesome.
>> >
>> > --S

>> evening.
>> as

>> me

>> > --
>> > Shannon Lee
>> > (503) 539-3700
>> >
>> > "Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from science."

Ladycartoonist.com

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a
hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build
a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate,
act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects.

-Robert A. Heinlein