[Noisebridge-discuss] door button failing

Xander Hudson acet at synoptic.org
Tue Feb 22 22:32:25 UTC 2011

I took the button panel apart and found a wire so corroded that it broke
off when I took the panel off.  I resoldered that wire (thick black
one).  That didn't fix the problem.

I squirted some contact cleaner in the button and that did the trick.
The button works now.  It doesn't work perfectly tho.. I think the
switch is on its last legs and we should be keeping an eye out for a
replacement.

Also, if we weatherproof the switch box that'll make it last longer.
Right now it's exposed to rain/etc and it shows from the amount of
corrosion on the contacts.

-x