[Noisebridge-discuss] Patrick being banned

Snail snailtsunami at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 19:56:15 UTC 2011

The gravity of the situation made people feel immediate action was
necessary, because this person, though able to type e-mails somewhat
coherently and make claims that the shit he does did not happen the way you
think it did, is not any different from the dude in a hospital gown in terms
of danger to peoples' well-being and inability to alter his behavior without
clinical help. Even those who came to the meeting thinking that a 100% ban
was not the right course of action and this could be simply worked out with
an intervention or a mailing list ban are committed to making him leave the
space if he shows up again, after the discussion.

I agree that there should not be secret meetings to make official unofficial
decision, and if a mob of 20-30 people state that they will make a
particular person leave the space, that mob should give some explanation.

I wrote a very long and typo-ridden record of the discussion last night as
it happened, for some people who said they were to afraid/emotionally upset
to attend the meeting. I don't want to publicly archive the detailed
conversation without everyone's consent (we agreed it should not go on the
wiki last night), but I will forward a copy those who wanted to but were not
able to attend the meeting. You can also ask Jason Dusek or Al Sweigart,
because I've sent them each a copy as well.

(If people who attended last night want to object to this, tell me quick,
because [sometimes] names are attached [when I could remember them or type
fast enough]. :) I did announce I was taking notes.)

--
-Snailssnailssnailssnailssnailssnailssnails