[Noisebridge-discuss] Adobe Lightroom class - Thursday March 3rd, 19:00

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Fri Feb 25 19:04:49 UTC 2011

Jonathan Foote wrote, On 20110225 091541:
> Is that a creative spelling of "http://esr.ibiblio.org/?p=556"?

I for one would kill for an open source replacement to Lightroom, sadly
none really exist right now. The closest things are blueMarine and
RawTherapee, both of which are really far from acting as a mature photo
management product, let alone non-destructive photo editors.

There are a couple of close sourced payware solutions for Linux, up at
the top is Bibble which I've heard good things about but again, no
Lightroom.

Additionally if someone were to teach classes regarding any of these or
other Linux based photo editors, I'd be happy to sit in. Surprised no
ones done a 12 step program at Noisebridge yet for getting off the
Photoshop crack to removing the vale of bad UI design and flow of The GIMP.

--
Rubin Abdi
rubin at starset.net