[Noisebridge-discuss] Adobe Lightroom class - Thursday March 3rd, 19:00

Jonathan Foote jtfoote at ieee.org
Fri Feb 25 19:52:30 UTC 2011

NB I am guilty, if that's the word, of being a closed-source EagleCAD evangelist
even though there are perfectly workable FOSS alternatives (GEDA, KiCAD).
Sometimes it's more about the tools.

Having said that, there's some fine FOSS design toolchains out there:
Blender, Gimp, Inkscape, QCAD, the above mentioned GEDA.
Is it time for a FOSS scrum? I'm up enough on the learning curves of
Blender and QCAD I could give a 5 min overview on how to get started.
QCAD in particular might be handy now that we have a laser cutter.

Anyone used BRL-CAD?

-J