[Noisebridge-discuss] Is Patrick Keys stealing from the donation jug?

Jason Dusek jason.dusek at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 22:36:50 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 20:08, Hephaestus <hephaestus at antipunk.net> wrote:
> You're un-excellent. You're a total douchenugget. Nobody likes
> you.

  I've enjoyed Patrick's company and I have to object to this
  characterization of him. Sometimes he annoys us but oh well --
  those who live in glass house and all that. Also, he seems to
  fit Noisebridge in that he is such a misfit, like some other
  people who come to mind...

  Does this kind of criticism set a high standard for critique
  of community members? "Douchenozzle"?

> I'm still kicking you out of the space the next time I
> see you.

  What kind of space will we have if, once in awhile, tough guys
  take it upon themselves to boot people out? Let's not destroy
  the village in order to save it.

  Seeing this post, I think back to a time when I was one of
  those "members who should not be members". Now, I was quite a
  misfit for quite some time -- trolling, sleeping at the space,
  getting in fights with people, trying to set up a market
  system to allocate shelf space -- but I got better. These
  days, I think most would agree that I am a constructive member
  of the space.

--
Jason Dusek
Linux User #510144 | http://counter.li.org/