[Noisebridge-discuss] driving multiple LEDs with minimal batteries

Sean Cusack sean.p.cusack at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 21:48:06 UTC 2011

Meredith -

What's you end goal with the LEDs? If you want to provide overall
illumination, you can get some fancy pants three chip LEDs that give you a
ton of brightness for your power buck. If you want individual LEDs, the
smaller ones are usually a lot more power efficient. I agree with Jim - you
can definitely power them with something as simple as a coin battery per LED
(you can get an idea of the implementation from this article:
http://www.instructables.com/id/LED-Throwies/)

Hope that helps. If you want to see the bright 3 chip LEDs, let me know -
I've got a strip of them and can bring them by Wednesday.

Sean