[Noisebridge-discuss] noisebridge credit line - cashflow cushion / lasercutter

aestetix aestetix aestetix at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 00:35:16 UTC 2011

Nobody's asking you to do that. In fact, we tend to encourage positive and
constructive discussions.

However, we are a community, and we work together. When you join a
community, especially one that has been around for a couple of years, it's
polite and respectful to ask questions about how things work, and why they
work the way they do.

We generally don't work well when others try to impose authority on us. We
work well when people create their own authority within themselves, and do
things. For example, rather than saying "Noisebridge, you need a line of
credit!", it might be a good learning experience to ask our treasurer if we
have one, and if not, why. If it turns out we actually would benefit from
one after all, then perhaps going and making it happen, and then reporting
to the list "Hey, after talking to the treasurer, we decided to create a
line of credit! Here's how it works, and how you can participate!" would be
excellent, in my opinion.

I realize it might not make much sense, but that approach does work, and
Noisebridge is a great place to practice it.