[Noisebridge-discuss] noisebridge credit line - cashflow cushion / lasercutter

Patrick Keys citizenkeys at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 00:26:16 UTC 2011

I posted to the list because I'm not the one bitching about not having
money to buy a laser cutter or pay the rent.  My hope was to offer a
constructive solution to the money problem to the dozen or so people
clogging up this discussion list with ideas on financing a laser cutter.
  Lasercutter thread is already over 30 messages in just one day.

Josh Myer's lease-with-buyout-option is a great idea, but a broad line
of credit would also solve the cash problems that Noisebridge seems to
have on a regular basis.

I can't go the bank because I'm not authorized to act on behalf of
Noisebridge.  Whoever has authority to open bank accounts for
Noisebridge presumably has authority open the credit line for
Noisebridge.  That's the only person(s) that can do that.

Telling new people to Noisebridge to sit on their ass and observe for
several months before commenting is ridiculous.  And instead of
attacking me all the time, it might be best to just run the business of
Noisebridge (yes... noisebridge is a business - a non-profit business)
in a business-like manner.

If you just made a list of all the expensive assets you already have and
sent somebody to the bank to get a credit line, you could have that
lasercutter in no time.

Patrick