[Noisebridge-discuss] noisebridge credit line - cashflow cushion / lasercutter

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Tue Jan 11 01:01:48 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 4:54 PM, Patrick Keys <citizenkeys at gmail.com> wrote:
> You could accomplish the same exact goal of having a laser cutter with much
> less effort and faster by just donating money to Noisebridge

I think you summed it up pretty nicely right there. If there is a
group of people that really want a laser engraver for Noisebridge,
they should get together, pool their money and buy a laser engraver
for Noisebridge. Done.

There's no need to bring "Noisebridge" the corporation into this. The
corporate entity is intentionally minimalistic and really only exists
for tax reasons.

Frankly, Noisebridge the corporation does not have a very stable and
regular management (which on some level is partially my fault, but is
also intentional), so making commitments (credit at a bank or
otherwise) will likely be seen as a risky proposition since there wont
be any strong accountability for it.

On the other hand, an individual can go and get a line of credit
themselves and buy a laser engraver in their own name and donate it to
Noisebridge with a lot less hassle than bringing in the corporation
into this.

My two cents.

Cheers,
jof