[Noisebridge-discuss] Door Access Control

Jared Dunne jareddunne at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 08:16:50 UTC 2011

I think Ryan has a good point regarding privacy concerns for something like
this.  Perhaps the audit trail/logging feature should be Opt-in for users
that want to leave the digital footprints.  By default user privacy is
respected, but if they want others to know when they are in the space then
they could opt-in to triggering "door events".  I can see "door events"
being awesome hook-ins for door/entry related hacks or personalization of
space, but some won't want the system to do anything besides get them into
the space.

Robb, thanks for working on this.  I'd love to be able to get into the space
more easily.  I also have some fun ideas that would benefit from "door
events".  When are you typically around working on this project (or others)?

Jared-