[Noisebridge-discuss] about jim

jim jim at systemateka.com
Tue Jan 18 19:34:09 UTC 2011

   Someone nominated me and I said "okay". I see the
board of directors as a job that has to be done. I like
random selection rather than voting, but here we are,
so here's about me:

   I care about the infrastructure (tools, supplies...)
and taking care of the place (chores such as cleaning
and improving things).
   I like consensus because its purpose is to protect
a minority's interests against "the tyranny of the
majority." I don't think we've actually come to terms
with that as well as we should, I think it would be
good if we improve on that front, ergo: let's keep it,
we need the practice.
   I like a do-nothing direction to the board.
Encouragement is a good way to get things going, as
is starting things and persisting and asking for help.
   A messy politic (group dynamic) presents a good
opportunity to discover why various people do the things
they do; I think there's stuff to be learned.