[Noisebridge-discuss] Fwd: free and cheap electronics parts!‏

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 24 05:46:22 UTC 2011

I received an email from John Larkin, who runs an electronics business in the Mission: http://www.highlandtechnology.com/

He is offering, "a couple of million, over 4000 different, exotic [and standard] electronic parts in stock. Free in experimenter quantities."

He also sez, "If the people doing projects at Noisebridge ever need parts for their gadgets, always happy to encourage geekdom, especially analog geekdom."

I asked him for a list of parts, and he sent an incredible list that is available here. There's lots of parts!! Resistors, Capacitors, Inductors, Fuses, Transistors, Diodes, ICs of all sorts (analog and digital), Relays, Connectors, Switches, Wire, nuts/bolts/screws/washers (standard and metric), Batteries, Power Supplies, . . .

I really don't know what he's wanting to be giving away for free, but you may as well ask. And I'm sure he's up for selling stuff, too. This may come in really handy when you need a part that we don't already have at NB (as John's place is just a few blocks away, on Otis St.).
If you want anything, I think it's fine to email John directly:
      jjlarkin at highlandtechnology.com

Mitch.

[The above email is also available on the Noisebridge wiki]