[Noisebridge-discuss] Noisebridge Vending Machine Beverage Preferences Poll

Snail snailtsunami at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 17:17:06 UTC 2011

I'm fairly sure that 18-20 year-olds are not accompanied by their parents in
the space.

On Jan 31, 2011 4:02 AM, "Patrick Keys" <citizenkeys at gmail.com> wrote:

It's a wonderful legal technicality... We're not "selling alcoholic
beverages".  Instead, the vending machine gives a free drink in exchange
for a one dollar donation to Noisebridge, a registered 501(c)(3)
non-profit organization.

There's no law against giving away free alcohol.  Except to minors.  But
any minors at Noisebridge are accompanied by adults, who are legally
responsible for their minor children in their presence.

So it's all good.
;-)

Patrick