[Noisebridge-discuss] LED Tron suit

Sean Cusack sean.p.cusack at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 19:11:11 UTC 2011

Helllllloooo Noisebridge!

As some of you may know - I love making dumb costumes. The shinier it is,
the more I'm interested in it. For the new Tron movie, I made a Tron suit
(in the nouveau style) that is entirely lit by LEDs (about 190 of them). You
can't see the pesky points, and but you do have an epic, diffuse, overly
bright white glow. I wrote an instructables article on how to do it, and
even if you aren't the slightest bit interested in Tron, but you are
interested in wearable electronics, I'd say to head to the below link and
check it out! Hopefully you at least get some ideas on how to get 190 LEDs
onto an easily washable outfit quickly :).

BTW, its up for the laser cutter contest, so if you love it - *vote for it
to win it*! I can't put a laser cutter in my apartment, so that means it'll
be coming to Noisebridge if I win it (scouts honor and pinky swear!)

http://www.instructables.com/id/LED-lit-Tron-v20-suit/

Sean